I am Specialized!

I am Specialized!

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Riding With the HookUp Bib



“Look away!  It’s coming out of me like lava.”
- Melissa McCarthy, Bridesmaids

 
I had to laugh.  When I received my new SL Pro Bib Shorts with its easy-release HookUp, I couldn’t help but think about the riotous food poison scene in Bridesmaids.  Dresses were destroyed.  There was no time to gracefully remove taffeta gowns.  What does bathroom humor have to do with cycling?  Plenty, as we’ve all experienced during our long distance adventures.







The Specialized Women’s SL Pro Bib Shorts with HookUp are here and I couldn’t be more excited.  If you ride with traditional bib shorts, you know the cycling bibs have shoulder straps that attach at the waist band.  This keeps the chamois (pad) in place.  No sliding, bunching or shifting.  Proven comfort.  Unfortunately, the traditional design does not have women in mind when we receive the call of nature.  There is nothing worse than disrupting a good ride to take off your gloves, jacket and jersey for a pit stop!  Specialized Women’s HookUp has solved our problem by adding a small magnetic clip just above the waist on the lower back.
 As a bib loving rider and Specialized Women’s Ambassador I wanted to be first in line to well, HookUp!  So, as soon as the HookUp bib came into stock I was definitely in and off on a long ride that would guarantee a pit stop or few.  Specialized shorts are my favorite anyway.  I love the fabric and how it breathes.  The chamois is specifically designed and tested for maximum comfort for a woman.  The leg cuff is a fold over design that doesn’t pinch or ride up.  No brainer, I knew I would love the short.  It was the magnetic HookUp bib connector that I really wanted to test out.  It did not disappoint.  It’s location on the lower back is easily reachable and with one quick slide you are un-hooked.  The magnetic design of the connector makes it even easier to reattach.  It almost re-attaches itself.  Not only is it easy to get out of I was unable to feel the connector when I rode.  There was no extra material causing added heat and the short and chamois stayed completely in place.  Thank you Specialized Women for caring about our comfort and designing such a smart bib short!
HookUp!

No comments:

Post a Comment