I am Specialized!

I am Specialized!

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Specialized FLUX Lights Go With the Flow


 

"She who succeeds in gaining the mastery of the bicycle will gain the mastery of life"

-Susan B. Anthony



Think like a car.  What do drivers see?  Where is their attention?  In this era of distracted driving, our bright kits and reflectors are no longer enough.  As road cyclists, it’s time to think like the drivers that we share our streets with.  They need to see us - and Specialized FLUX lights do just that.

I had an eye-opening experience last weekend during a long ride. While waiting on the shoulder for my friend, a car stopped alongside me to share a few words.  "Your taillight was bright even from the bottom of the hill.  With my sunglasses, I could not see the girl behind you at all in the broken shadows." 

 



FLUX Elite Headlight
FLUX Expert Taillight

















I've put the FLUX Elite headlight and the FLUX Expert taillight to the test for the past few weeks.  The Specialized lights are visible from 1/3 of a mile away during day, night, dawn or dusk.  The FLUX’s smooth design looks great on your townie hybrid as well as your carbon road bike.  On the technical side, it's water-resistant with built-in USB charger, boasts great battery life (14 hours of strobing) and casts a wide beam of light.  Since riding with the FLUX, I've felt a difference in the flow of traffic around me as I’m being noticed in a safe and positive way. 

As road cyclists, what are we up against?  Attracting the attention of drivers from a greater distance.  Protecting our rear blindspot.  Complementing our bright reflective accessories with even brighter LED lighting such as FLUX.  And raising the bar on safety by thinking like a car.
 
Your Ride Your Rules

1 comment:

  1. We need to spread more awareness regarding road safety, so that to reduce DUI cases. Driving is a privilege, drunk driving is a sin. Ask your Los Angeles DUI lawyer how your case will impact you. If he is unwilling to give you specific answers, he likely do not practice enough drunk driving cases and change your attorney immediately.

    ReplyDelete